Research Scientist (PI)
Division of Quantum Computation
Physics Department, Tsinghua University
Research Group: Topological Quantum Computation Group
Prof. Ke He graduated from Shandong University in 2000 and received his PhD degree in the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2006. After three years in the University of Tokyo as a postdoc researcher, he became an associate professor in the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Since 2013, he joined the Department of Physics, Tsinghua University and became a full professor since 2016. He is now also a part-time professor in Beijing Academy of Quantum Information Science and the PI of the topological quantum computation group. Prof. Ke He have worked with molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) for nearly twenty years and studied topological materials for over ten years. Prof. Ke He was one of the three project leaders (along with Prof. Qi-Kun Xue and Prof. Yayu Wang) of the first experimental realization of the quantum anomalous Hall effect and was in charge of searching for, preparing, and engineering the magnetic topological insulator materials hosting the quantum anomalous Hall effect. Recently the team led by him first experimentally discovered an intrinsic magnetic topological insulator MnBi2Te4, which revealed a way towards high temperature quantum anomalous Hall effect. And the paper on the discovery [Chin. Phys. Lett. 36, 076801 (2019)] has been cited over 200 times (Google) in less than one year after its formal publication. Prof. Ke He has won the National Natural Science Award (First-class) of China in 2018, Yeh Chi-Sun Prize in Physics in 2017, Nishina Asia Award of Japan in 2015, the National Award for Youth in Science and Technology in 2013, and the Outstanding Science and Technology Achievement Prize of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2012.
Representative Publications from Team Members: (* corresponding authorship)
1. Chang, C.-Z.; Zhang, J.; Feng, X.; Shen, J.; Zhang, Z.; Guo, M.; Li, K.; Ou, Y.; Wei, P.; Wang, L.-L.; Ji, Z.-Q.; Feng, Y.; Ji, S.; Chen, X.; Jia, J.; Dai, X.; Fang, Z.; Zhang, S.-C.; He, K.*; Wang, Y.*; Lu, L.; Ma, X.-C.; Xue, Q.-K.*, Experimental observation of the quantum anomalous Hall effect in a magnetic topological insulator. Science 2013, 340 (6129), 167-170.
2. Zhang, Y.; He, K.*; Chang, C.-Z.; Song, C.-L.; Wang, L.-L.; Chen, X.; Jia, J.-F.; Fang, Z.; Dai, X.; Shan, W.-Y.; Shen, S.-Q.; Niu, Q.; Qi, X.-L.; Zhang, S.-C.; Ma, X.-C.; Xue, Q.-K.*, Crossover of the three-dimensional topological insulator Bi2Se3 to the two-dimensional limit. Nature Physics 2010, 6 (8), 584-588.
3. Gong, Y.; Guo, J.; Li, J.; Zhu, K.; Liao, M.; Liu, X.; Zhang, Q.; Gu, L.; Tang, L.; Feng, X.; Zhang, D.; Li, W.; Song, C.; Wang, L.; Yu, P.; Chen, X.; Wang, Y.; Yao, H.; Duan, W.; Xu, Y.; Zhang, S. -C.; Ma, X.; Xue, Q. -K.; He, K.*, Experimental realization of an intrinsic magnetic topological insulator, Chinese Physics Letters 2019, 36, 076801.
4. Zhang, J.; Chang, C.-Z.; Tang, P.; Zhang, Z.; Feng, X.; Li, K.; Wang, L.-l.; Chen, X.; Liu, C.; Duan, W.; He. K.*; Xue, Q.-K.; Ma, X.; Wang, Y.*, Topology-driven magnetic quantum phase transition in topological insulators. Science 2013, 339 (6127), 1582-1586.
5. He, K.*; Wang, Y; *; Xue, Q. -K. *, Topological Materials: Quantum Anomalous Hall System, Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics 2018, 9, 329-344.