Associate Research Scientist
Division of Quantum State of Matter
Peng Deng received his B.S. degree from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and his Ph.D. degree from Tsinghua University. He worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) from 2016 to 2021 before joining the Beijing Academy of Quantum Information Sciences as an associated research scientist. His research involves the use of molecular beam epitaxy (MBE), scanning tunneling microscopy, and transport measurement to construct, investigate, and manipulate exotic quantum states. He has published 27 papers in journals such as Nat. Phys., Phys. Rev. Lett., and Nat. Commun., with over 3000 total citations and an h-index of 17. His current research interests include quantum anomalous Hall insulators, magnetic topological insulators, and topological superconductors.
1. Peng Deng#, Christopher Eckberg#, Peng Zhang, Gang Qiu, Eve Emmanouilidou, Gen Yin, Su Kong Chong, Lixuan Tai, Ni Ni, Kang L Wang#. Probing the mesoscopic size limit of quantum anomalous Hall insulators. Nature Commun. 13, 4246 (2022). (#corresponding authors)
2. Peng Deng*#, Alexander Grutter*, Yulei Han*, Megan E Holtz, Peng Zhang, Patrick Quarterman, Shuaihang Pan, Shifei Qi, Zhenhua Qiao#, Kang L Wang#. Topological surface state annihilation and creation in SnTe/Crx(BiSb)2-xTe3 heterostructures. Nano Lett. 22, 8394 (2022) (#corresponding authors, *equal first authors)
3. Peng Deng, Zhilin Xu, Ke Deng, Kenan Zhang, Yang Wu, Haijun Zhang, Shuyun Zhou, Xi Chen. Revealing Fermi arcs and Weyl nodes in MoTe2 by quasiparticle interference mapping. Phys. Rev. B 95, 245110 (2017).
4. Ke Deng*, Guoliang Wan*, Peng Deng*, Kenan Zhang, Shijie Ding, Eryin Wang, Mingzhe Yan, Huaqing Huang, Hongyun Zhang, Zhilin Xu, Jonathan Denlinger, Alexei Fedorov, Haitao Yang, Wenhui Duan, Hong Yao, Yang Wu, Shoushan Fan, Haijun Zhang, Xi Chen, Shuyun Zhou. Experimental observation of topological Fermi arcs in type-II Weyl semimetal MoTe2. Nature Physics 12, 1105 (2016) (*equal first authors)
5. Gang Qiu, Peng Zhang, Peng Deng, Su Kong Chong, Lixuan Tai, Christopher Eckberg, Kang L Wang. Mesoscopic transport of quantum anomalous Hall effect in the submicron size regime. Phys. Rev. Lett. 128. 217704 (2022)
6. Hao Wu, Yong Xu, Peng Deng, Quanjun Pan, Seyed Armin Razavi, Kin Wong, Li Huang, Bingqian Dai, Qiming Shao, Guoqiang Yu, Xiufeng Han, Juan‐Carlos Rojas‐Sánchez, Stéphane Mangin, Kang L. Wang. Spin-Orbit Torque Switching of a Nearly Compensated Ferrimagnet by Topological Surface States. Adv. Mater. 31, 1901681 (2019)
7. Hao Wu, Peng Zhang, Peng Deng, Qianqian Lan, Quanjun Pan, Seyed?Armin Razavi, Xiaoyu Che, Li Huang, Bingqian Dai, Kin Wong, Xiufeng Han, Kang L. Wang. Room-Temperature Spin-Orbit Torque from Topological Surface States. Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 207205 (2019)
8. Wei Li, Yan Zhang, Peng Deng, Zhilin Xu, S-K Mo, Ming Yi, Hao Ding, M Hashimoto, RG Moore, D-H Lu, Xi Chen, Z-X Shen, Qi-Kun Xue. Stripes developed at the strong limit of nematicity in FeSe film. Nature Physics 13, 957 (2017)
9. Wei Li, Hao Ding, Zhi Li, Peng Deng, Kai Chang, Ke He, Shuaihua Ji, Lili Wang, Xucun Ma, Jiang-Ping Hu, Xi Chen, Qi-Kun Xue. KFe2Se2 is the Parent Compound of K-Doped Iron Selenide Superconductors. Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 057003 (2012)
10. Wei Li, Hao Ding, Peng Deng, Kai Chang, Canli Song, Ke He, Lili Wang, Xucun Ma, Jiang-Ping Hu, Xi Chen, Qi-Kun Xue. Phase separation and magnetic order in K-doped iron selenide superconductor. Nature Physics 8, 126 (2012)