Associate Research Scientist
Division of Quantum State of Matter
Dr. Takahiro Misawa is a theoretical physicist working in the field of strongly correlated electron systems. He has studied high-temperature superconductivities in iron-based superconductors and cuprates superconductors, quantum transport phenomena in topological materials, exotic quantum phases in frustrated magnets. He has also developed open-source software packages for strongly correlated electron systems. He joined BAQIS as an associate researcher (principal investigator) of Theoretical Physics Research Group in Division of Quantum State of Matter at October 2020.
He earned a Ph.D. in Engineering from Department of Applied Physics, University of Tokyo in 2008. He worked as a postdoctoral fellow (2008-2009) and later as a research associate (2009-2016) in Professor Masatoshi Imada’s Group at Department of Applied Physics, University of Tokyo. He worked as a principal investigator at Institute for Solid State Physics, University of Tokyo (2016-2020), and Waseda Research Institute for Science and Engineering (2020).
1. Kazuma Nakamura, Yoshihide Yoshimoto, Yusuke Nomura, Terumasa Tadano, Mitsuaki Kawamura,Taichi Kosugi, Kazuyoshi Yoshimi, Takahiro Misawa, Yuichi Motoyama, "RESPACK: An ab initio tool for derivation of effective low-energy model of material”, Comp. Phys. Comm. 261, 107781 (2021)
2. Takahiro Misawa, Kazuyoshi Yoshimi, and Takao Tsumuraya, "Electronic Correlation and Geometrical Frustration in Molecular Conductors – A Systematic ab initio Study of β′-X[Pd(dmit)2]2", Phys. Rev. Research 2, 032072 (R) (2020)
3. Takahiro Misawa, Yuichi Motoyama, and Youhei Yamaji, "Asymmetric melting of a one-third plateau in kagome quantum antiferromagnets", Phys. Rev. B 102, 094419 (2020)
4. Takeo Hoshi, Mitsuaki Kawamura, Kazuyoshi Yoshimi, Yuichi Motoyama, Takahiro Misawa, Youhei Yamaji, Synge Todo,Naoki Kawashima, Tomohiro Sogabe, "Kω – Open-source library for the shifted Krylov subspace method of the form (zI ? H)x = b", Comp. Phys. Comm. 258, 107536 (2021)
5. Yasufumi Araki, Takahiro Misawa, Kentaro Nomura, "Dynamical spin-to-charge conversion on the edge of quantum spin Hall insulator", Phys. Rev. Research 2, 023195 (2020)
6. Takahiro Misawa and Kentaro Nomura, "Semi-quantized Spin Pumping and Spin-Orbit Torques in Topological Dirac Semimetals", Scientific Reports 9, 19659 (2019)
7. Toshiya Hikihara, Takahiro Misawa, and Tsutomu Momoi, "Spin nematics in frustrated spin-dimer systems with bilayer structure", Phys. Rev. B 100, 214414 (2019)
8. Takahiro Misawa, Ryota Nakai, and Kentaro Nomura, "Real-time evolution and quantized charge pumping in magnetic Weyl semimetals", Phys. Rev. B 100, 155123 (2019)
9. Kota Ido, Masatoshi Imada, Takahiro Misawa, "Charge dynamics of correlated electrons: Variational description with inclusion of composite fermions", Phys. Rev. B 101, 075124 (2020)
10. Kota Ido, Takahiro Misawa, "Correlation effects on the magnetization process of the Kitaev model", Phys. Rev. B 101, 045121 (2020)